These are some things I’ve been working on this week:
- Weekly meetings with AEA leadership team, operations manager, and Board leadership.
- Participation on Charter School Facility Committee (CSFC) aka Prop. Z Committee with SDUSD.
- Attended El Dorado SELPA CEO Council dinner.
- Fundraising calls and communication in advance of Friends of AEA annual gala taking place June 3.
- Planning and coordinating June 6 AEA Board meeting. As always this is an open meeting and the public is welcome to attend. The meeting starts at 4:30 pm at 3035 Ash Street, San Diego, CA 92102.
Dr. Sciarretta served as principal of AEACMS since the school’s founding before being promoted to Executive Director of AEA in 2013. With a B.A. in history and political science, an M.Ed. in cross-cultural teaching, a California Administrative Services Credential and a doctorate in Educational Leadership, Dr. Sciarretta is committed to life-long learning. His doctoral dissertation explored California charter school principal communication techniques with a focus on leadership storytelling. A 1993 Thomas J. Watson Fellow, Dr. Sciarretta has lived and worked in Mexico and Central America and is fluent in Spanish. In addition to his leadership role at AEA, Dr. Sciarretta is active on non-profit boards as well as on a statewide level with charter school policy-making, political advocacy, and consulting. Dr. Sciarretta enjoys spending time with his daughter, exercising, reading and international travel.