This week I’ve been occupied with the following matters:
- Following up on items that arose at the March 7 AEA board of trustees meeting. This includes additional information gathering and agenda creation in order that the board has sound information for their April 11 meeting.
- Preparing for the CCSA Member Council meeting that I will attend next week at the annual CCSA conference in Sacramento. As representative of Region 9 for CCSA, I strive to be the voice of our membership and the over 100 charter schools in my region on matters of accountability, pending legislation, compliance, etc.
- I was invited to participate in the Workforce and Education committee of the San Diego Chamber of Commerce. This committee has the goal of strengthening bonds between educators and the workforce. I will attend monthly meetings of this committee as well as various chamber events on behalf of AEA.
- Helping to position AEA for the 2017-2018 school year especially regarding changes in legal requirements and district procedures related to finance, human resources, etc.
- Ongoing budget planning as we prepare to present a draft budget to the AEA board at their May meeting.
I hope this provides a partial picture of some ongoing projects I’m involved with on behalf of AEA.